Wednesday 30 April 2008

Reel's......



Are you a Baitcaster, or Fixed spool??


Wow!! Again where the hell do you start??

I mostly use Baitcasters for 90% of my fishing, but do use Fixed spools for my ultra light missions! i use a small 1000 size SHIMANO Catana, great for chucking small spinners and plugs into small streams and canals. I also use Shimano Stradics for my other lure work, i mostly use 4000FA front drags with a 6000FG for my sea fishing! these reels are very smooth and work in all conditions!! not even salt water stops these cranking tools......


.......................................................


Baitcaster's are my passion, i have loads and use all of them whenever i get the chance to use different kit. But the two reels that really do get a hammering are my SHIMANO Calais DC201b and Chronarch 101psv both of which are SHIMANO JAPAN imports, these are made of superiour materials than standard shimano kit and have lots of quality features that are exclusive to these Japan models..... My Chronarch is a very small all rounder with 7ball bearings and full Titanium build (screwless bodys) this is the true meaning of smooth casting!! its silent and is a joy to use.

My Calais DC is in a league of its own!...... this reel is SHIMANO's flagship top shelf baitcaster!! 11ball bearings full mirror finish, power grip2 the whole works! it has four electric braking modes, with eight settings for each mode! it really is top of the game when it comes down to lure fishing.... nothing else any where in the world comes close to what this reel does! check pictures of this reel in my other posts. but as i say its all totally a personal choice as to what you use and when! this is my style, you have your own and i bet it works for you just as well!!

No comments: