Tuesday 29 April 2008

Beast from the Gutter!!



A Nice surprise!!


well my good mate Terry told me of the Taunton canal was fishing well just after new year, so needing no arm twisting i jumped at the idea of fishing this very VERY shallow canal in the middle of the town!! god i wasnt ready for the state of the place!! shopping trolleys, prams, bikes...... it was a bit of a gutter ha ha BUT!! i could not believe the small jacks that happily terrorise these waters!!

I done some investigating for this water, and Knowing that this water held only small jack's (5-6lb being a monster!!) only took a light rod, and 101 baitcaster!! we caught jacks almost intsantly, lots of 1-2 jacks everywhere! BUT saw some good fish moving around with some 2-3lb perch which opened my eyes!! then Terry managed to sneak in a pike around 5lb behind my back, giving me that extra push to pull a right monster out!! (6lb ha ha)

Soooo i whipped out a secret weapon, a 7cm RAPALA countdown in Clown. . . i actually got this lure free from a "how to fish" Rapala vid aound 15years ago!! it is battered and broozed. we got to a really deep corner, which Terry said the week before that looked really fishy! i was minding my own business when Tezo said he had a chase by a tacker!! so i looked over while still reeling in my lure, when all of a sudden it went solid!! thinking i'd hooked a bike or shopping trolley i said a few chosen words!! then saw this monster of a pike charging off with my little plug wedged into its mouth! after about 5mins we netted the monster. i was comlpetely shocked as this water "only has tackers"

Ill leave you guys to enjoy the perfect end to a good day tacker bashing!!.......

No comments: